I may have mentioned this before (actually I know that I have) but I just cannot with this cold weather. You hear me, Mother Nature – you can calm it down a bit. But you know what we are here for? Fabulous coats. Those fabulous statement-making winter plus size coats. The faux furs, leathers, puffers? The drama? Bring it all to me.
I know some of you out there can relate to that. And with the way that this weather has been acting up, finding a few fly winter plus size coats has swiftly moved to the top of the shopping and holiday wish list.
When you are likely to be seen wearing your coat more often than not, you better make sure you are rocking the hell out of it! *just saying* Coats are THE statement piece of your winter wardrobe. They give us the luxe, the drama, and the decadence.
11 Statement-Making Winter Plus Size Coats
A statement-making winter plus size coat needs to be something that combines function and fashion, and they do exist for us plus size fashion lovers. To help you navigate it all, we are here to share a few of our favorite picks for luxe statement-making winter plus size coats. Maybe you’ll find something you have to add to your collection.
A Few Fit Tips for Winter Plus Size Coats
The proper fit is crucial when buying a winter coat. When you are shopping, pay attention to these tips:
- Wear layers, a sweater, or knits to ensure that your jacket will be able to keep you warm AND fit comfortably.
- Cross your arms in front of you and give yourself a hug. Your coat should feel comfortable across your back.
- Button or Zip up the jacket. Move around a bit. Your coat should have room around your chest, hips, and armholes. If there’s the slightest bit of discomfort or pull, size up. The whole purpose is to protect you from the elements!
- In love with the coat, but it does not fit right? Ask for a size up or have them order it for you in your size. Worst case scenario? Find another one.
- Your sleeve length is another factor. Sleeves should ideally fall an inch past your wrist. This allows your coat to cover your arms while you are moving!
We wanted to give you a range- from drama to classic luxe, from $50 and higher, and from bold to demure- because shopping is all about options and variety. You can definitely rock out with a fancy coat that provides both form and function! And while you are checking things out, check out our Coats 101 Style Guide.